What You'll Need: 2 - 2 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1/4 cup softened organic butter
- 1/2 cup organic peanut butter, preferably unsweetened, but that is a personal preference
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup rapadura or brown sugar
- 1 organic, free-range egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole-wheat or spelt flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Lined or greased cookie sheet(s)
- Mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Measuring spoons and cups
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and have all ingredients at room temperature.
Cream together butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
Add and beat until fluffy, honey and rapadura/sugar. Then mix in egg and vanilla.
In a separate bowl combine flour, salt and baking soda and then add to peanut butter mixture. Stir by hand or using a hand blender set on low, mix until just combined.
Roll dough gently into balls and place on cookie sheet. I used a heaping teaspoon full of cookie dough for each cookie. Using a fork press cookies down, to flatten. It dough sticks to fork, dip fork into flour and continue. These cookies don't spread much so you can place them as little as 1 1/2" apart.
Bake in a 350-degree oven for 8 – 12 minutes. Enjoy with a delicious glass of organic whole milk or better yet, a cup of warm milk. Yum!